Tuesday, August 18, 2009

{ If You Were a Crocodile, You'd be a Handbag by Now! }

I can't get enough of Minnie's purse on the Mickey and Friends cart! To create this card, I welded two 6 inch purses together in CDS (the bases only, not the straps). The croc-embossed paper is from Anna Griffin's Peyton line. Its fairly thin, so I cut the welded piece on brown CS and then again on the croc paper.




Once I adhered the croc paper to the CS (using dry adhesive), I gently pried the croc paper away from the CS at the top of the purse and poked a small length of tulle between the two layers. Once I was satisfied with the way the tulle looked, I squeezed a little liquid glue in between the layers to secure it. This is the view of the card from more of a side angle:




I added some grosgrain ribbon and a buckle from Hobby Lobby to the front of the card and accented the buckle with a single pink Bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Making my Day!