Saturday, January 19, 2013

{ FCCB Challenge #144 - It's a Man's World }

It's a fact. We all struggle with Masculine Cards or, as I call them, "Man Cards".  I don't know why we struggle...is it because we can't use pink, or glitter, or bling, or 2"-wide, polka dot ribbon?

Maybe.

My Aunt saw this Card on Pinterest.  Very pretty...a different idea for an Anniversary Card.  I told her I that I could make it for her Anniversary...easily.  Ha.

After hours of pondering, trying ideas, cutting, inking and gathering every Tim Holtz doodad I could find, it was complete:


I used Cricut Winter Woodland and Plantin Schoolbook carts for the most of the letters, the numbers and the hearts.  The "I" and the "You" are Grungeboard.  I inked and stained everything, using Tim Holtz' Distress Products.

The Tim Holtz Trinket Pin has the number 17 on it; that's the day of my Aunt & Uncle's Anniversary.


I inked, misted (with water) and "crinkled" the ribbon until it was extremely tattered.  I loved the effect!!!


I know the FCCB "It's a Man's World Challenge" is almost over, but go check out everyone's project.  We all need inspiration for Man Cards!!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this card! Even though I make cutesy cards, my favorite are the grunge/distressed styles. I'm usually too intimidated to try. TFS and inspiring:-)

    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Making my Day!