Wednesday, February 3, 2010

{ A New Year and New Month }

Well, this is embarrassing. I have Christmas cards to post. So, I am gonna just bite the bullet and post them!

Christmas cards a difficult for me and I am not sure why. I think its because I am usually inspired to make 'Girly' cards and something of that nature may or may not work for a Christmas greeting. So, this year, I looked for inspiration on the Cricut MB and in card sketches.

This first card I shamelessly scraplifted from wdwgrandma on the Cricut MB. You can see her card HERE. Sadly, I had given JOTS back to my Friend, so I did not have a Star of Bethlehem. So, I used two stars from Plantin School Book, I think. Not the same effect, but one does what one must!


The little lambs are from Paper Doll Dress Up. My card base is Bazzill Kraft, which I used for the envelope as well. I wanted the focus to be the message.

The second card is my take on a sketch from last Fall at Clean & Simple. I was really pleased with the way this one turned out:


The little 'polka dot tree' is from Wild Card and is a nice accent!

I'd like to thank Bryan and his Mom, Judy, for being so complimentary about these cards, having received them in JANUARY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Making my Day!